THE SAFE, SIMPLE, LESS COSTLY WATERLINE TREATMENT                   EPA Registration # 87117-1 

 Effective  •  Easy to Use  •  Non-corrosive  •  pH balanced  •  Inexpensive 

A common problem associated with dental waterlines is the buildup of bacteria and biofilm, which cause water quality to degrade leading to high instances of unsafe bacterial contamination. 

Dental professionals that use self contained waterline units must not assume the use of "clean" water, such as bottled or revers osmosis water, will maintain  bacterial contamination below 200 CFU/ml. Stagnant room temperature pool of water provides an ideal environment for bacteria to flourish. 

MicroCLEAR (from the makers of CloSYS oral care products) is a simple, easy to use and economical method of waterline treatment that is EPA registered and meets the CDC and ADA guidelines.

Your patients safety and well being depend upon exceptional care and cleanliness. MicroCLEAR with chlorine dioxide has advantages over other waterline products.             View the research -Click Here

 SDS Sheet  •  Instructions for Use

MicroCLEAR FAQ's:

MicroCLEAR is a stabilized chlorine dioxide treatment that is used as an excellent antimicrobial dental unit waterline cleaner to achieve the CDC & ADA standards for self-contained water systems. 

     How does MicroCLEAR work?

    • MicroCLEAR must be used with a self-contained water unit. After an initial one time overnight treatment of full strength MicroCLEAR, simply add a small amount [1:10 dilution] of MicroCLEAR whenever you refill the bottle. MicroCLEAR has been proven effective against biofilms and reduces bacterial colony forming cunits (CFU’s) to below 200 CFU’s, as recommended by the ADA, CDC, and EPA

     We use distilled water in our self-contained unit.  That’s enough isn’t it?

    • Whenever water sits for a period of time, colonies of bacteria form and start inhabiting the walls of the tubing, forming a biofilm. Even if the water is bacteria free when it is put in the bottle, it will be full of bacteria when it goes into the patient’s mouth because it has to pass through the dental waterlines.  

     Will MicoCLEAR damage my equipment?

    • No, MicroCLEAR is non-corrosive whenused as directed.

     Can I use ordinary household bleach to decontaminate my waterlines?

    • It is not a good idea. Bleach is corrosive to equipment and can be harmful if careful dilution is not strictly followed.  Bleach will also form trihalomethanes (THMs) that are linked to major health problems. 

    Our practice is too busy to add any additional tasks, and we’ve never had any problems with our waterlines.  What’s the worst that can happen?

    • The worst that could happen is that you, your staff or your patients could become ill from the bacteria growing in your waterlines.

     Why should I buy MicroCLEAR to clean my waterlines when I do not have to?

    • Since the public awareness has become raised on this issue meeting water standards that are recommended by the ADA, CDC and EPA, you are gaining peace of mind. 

    I’ve had the same equipment for many years and use municipal water.  How can I make sure my waterlines are clean?

    • To protect yourself and meet the ADA mandate you should get a self-contained water unit from your dental supply company. It is important to remember that just having the unit is not enough, installation must be followed by a MicroCLEAR treatment protocol or you could have even higher bacterial concentrations than before.

     Should I drain the waterlines over the weekend?

    • No, MicroCLEAR was designed to remain in the lines overnight/weekend. There is no need to air or water purge at the end of the day.  Failure to leave MicroCLEAR in the lines could result in bacterial contamination.

    Can I use warm water in my water bottles?

    • Warm water is not recommended in any self-contained water unit. Elevated temperatures provide an “incubating” environment for bacteria that should be avoided.
    If I do not use the entire daily solution in the water bottle each day, will it still be effective?
    • Yes, the solution should be fine for 3-4 days. It is not necessary to discard the unused water at the end of the day.  However, we suggest replacing the water after the weekend and using freshly mixed solution Monday mornings.
    We have lines that are not frequently used in certain operatories, are there any special instructions?
    • If lines are not being treated with MicroCLEAR on a frequent basis they can provide a “safe harbor” for microbes to multiply. Run fresh solution through infrequently used lines at least once everyday.

    We pre-mix MicroCLEAR, how long can it be stored before using?

    • As stated above, the solution should be fine for 3-4 days. Rowpar uses a special poly bottle that is designed to hold our product without affecting efficacy.  

    How often should the full strength MicroCLEAR treatment be repeated?

    • The full strength, overnight treatment was designed as an initial step that only needs to be performed once. It should bring the bacterial counts down to a level that MicroCLEAR can maintain with the daily use treatment under typical conditions.  If the office will be closed for a week or longer the full strength treatment can be repeated to ensure bacterial counts are acceptable for use.  We suggest you repeat this full strength treatment only if you notice the bacterial counts increasing.  We do not recommend doing this step more than once every few months.

    What kind of water do I have to use with MicroCLEAR?

    • Tap water is fine. MicroCLEAR is designed to be used with water that is of a drinking water standard.